When buying and comparing car battery prices, you must consider it one of your vehicle’s most critical components, something many new and inexperienced motorists fail to consider. The “Life-Cycles” of your battery are just as crucial as its CCAs, as they power your vehicle’s ignition and onboard auxiliaries such as A/C, GPS, stereo, lights and the vehicle’s computers.
Surprisingly, we get asked over the phone, “Do you have cheap or second hand used automotive batteries?” Our response was, “No way!” With modern-day vehicles’ sophisticated electronics, you don’t take the risk with inferior products. Although price plays an important role when shopping around, each product’s importance and function needs prioritisation for your final purchase.
Do your research diligently; by doing so, you will get a better idea of where is the best place to buy the best car battery in Australia based on quality and price.
You should always ask yourself, “How much of an inconvenience would it be to me if that product were to fail?”
With Modern Day Vehicles, You Need An Experienced Battery Technician
With Onboard Computer Codes, Driveability Settings & ISS Technology, You Can’t Just Disconnect The Battery As We Did With Older Technology!
Option No 1: Do it yourself and overlook necessary digital testing, memory saving & configuration steps!
Buy in-store for an approximate $195.00 – $240.00 price range (small/medium size) & fit at your “Own Risk”
- Firstly, you will need to ensure your battery is faulty and not some other electrical problem, such as a defective alternator or starter motor. You will require a digital battery analyser/meter to conduct the testing. Remember, batteries are “Dangerous Goods”, and health and safety handling procedures are your safeguards and need proper action.
- Secondly, you will need to purchase a memory minder to retain computer codes, radio security and driveability adjustment settings before disconnecting your battery.
If you don’t possess the security password at hand, it will be a time-consuming effort and an additional fee involved to retrieve it from your dealer. In addition, you will lose the seat, steering wheel, and automatic window opening settings in some vehicles.
- Thirdly, ISS vehicles require Stop-Start batteries, not conventional types, requiring a specialised configuration scanner to register the new replacement to the BMS (Battery Management System). Again, this cannot be overlooked, and you will need to arrange to complete it with your auto service technician.
Option No 2: Book the professionals with comprehensive testing, memory saving & new battery configuration where required!
Call the roadside service professionals for a surprisingly affordable price (fully insured, all work guaranteed)
- Firstly, Get all the above services from a professional Technician without leaving your premises.
- Secondly, We do all the testing, save your memory and driveability codes, and clean and or replace deteriorated accessories such as terminals and cables (extra fees applicable if new additions or Instant Stop-Start battery configuration is required.)
- Thirdly, we come to you throughout Newcastle NSW, Lake Macquarie, Central Coast and Hunter Valley Region, whether at home, work or roadside.
We Offer A Comprehensive Service
15+ Years Of Experience Installing Batteries In Any Location!
Clean Battery Terminals, Posts & Compartment Surroundings!
Free Complete Alternator Load Charging Test With Customer Print-Out On Every New Battery Replacement!
We Use A Specialised Memory Saving Device To Keep Codes & Driveability Settings Intact Before Disconnecting The Old Battery!
We Reconfigure/Reset New Battery Replacements Into The BMS (Battery Management System) For Vehicles That Require The Procedure, Which Cannot Be Overlooked!
Our Mobile Battery Assistance Range
Exceptional Value, Power, Longevity & Warranty
(Supercharge Gold Plus 40 Month Warranty Private Use Only)
Premium Robust Starting Power & Reserve Capacity
Suitability: Large capacity engines and fully accessorised vehicles
(Supercharge Silver Plus 30 Month Warranty Private Use Only)
Exceptional Starting Power & Reserve Capacity
Suitability: Medium capacity engines and standard accessorised vehicles
(Supercharge Power Station 24 Month Warranty Private Use Only)
Reliable Starting Power & Performance
Suitability: Earlier model vehicles with minimal accessories
“Car Battery Delivery & Installation To Get You Moving Fast!”
Click the number to call us for roadside battery service prices:
02 4044 2807
- Vehicle make, model and year
- Is it petrol or diesel?
- Is it an Instant Stop-Start vehicle?
- Would you like to get alerted in future before your battery fails? If YES, learn more here. Then, our Battery Technician can fit one with your new battery replacement for an extra small fee if you require it.
”Have confidence using our services, please read below”
We Specialise In All Vehicle Makes & Models
Your Benefits & Services: “We Love Our Profession”
- Mobile car battery replacement in approximately 1 hour – testing, replacement and jump-start.
- We digitally test your battery and alternator to ensure the charging output is correct.
- We will clean battery terminals, posts and tray areas with every installation.
- A protective spray is applied to protect battery and pole terminals plug connections from corrosion, weather and battery acids.
- Nil membership required, use as needed, no yearly fee.
- Nationwide warranty network.
- Professional battery technicians, expertise guaranteed.
- We are fully insured for your “Peace of mind” that accidental mishaps will not be an issue.
- All quoted prices include GST, no nasty surprises upon arriving.
- The brands used – are Supercharge Batteries and Century, the Iconic Australian Brand for Australians.
What Influences Car Battery Prices In Australia And What To Consider When Buying?
When choosing batteries, be aware that prices are affected by individual factors such as brand, manufacturer, size, amps and model. Many retailers offer generic or no-name brands at a fraction of the price of a well-known product regarding the brand name.
Many experienced motorists do not recommend generic car batteries because they are considered less reliable. It may not apply to all generic brands, but many of these products are relatively unknown to the general public. Their manufacturers may not have the same motivation to offer consumers a more durable product. However, local manufacturers have a more vested interest in providing quality to their local customers due to their proximity. So why are generic brands still being sold? They are likely available to give consumers a cheaper alternative.
Brand/Model are factors that also influence car battery prices
Reputable, known brands such as Supercharge Batteries and the Century Ultra High Performance (40 Month Warranty) and Century High Performance (30 Month Warranty) sealed maintenance free-range, now with Smart Drive™ Technology, will naturally cost more than less favourite generic brands. They can, however, be relied upon to offer optimum performance, especially in Cities’ ever-increasing harsh city gridlock driving conditions and have been independently tested to last up to three (3) times longer than other brands in the market.
If you are looking for a cost-effective quality power source, a “Known Battery Brand Is Your Best Bet.”
Another factor that influences car battery prices is size. Batteries are categorised according to their capacity, known as group size, and apply to the unit’s dimensions — height, length, and width. The actual case size formats are the standard dimensions of the battery tray in a car, depending on the car brand and model.
The key is to focus on quality — the battery’s performance level, design and reliability versus its perceived capability based on its selling price. Look for one with a solid reputation, consistently performs in harsh environments and has earned (and deserved) the trust of vehicle owners and drivers.
After all, who knows which batteries work best than those who use them? When your security, comfort and safety depend on choosing the right product, select quality over low car battery prices anytime.
Where do you find competitive car battery prices without compromising quality?
If there is one particular brand you are looking for, it is often best to purchase from an authorised re-seller. This is because manufacturers do not allow only stores to sell their products. Instead, they prefer to use dealers and retailers to better control distribution and customer service. It is also an excellent way to assure the quality of their car batteries.
Battery prices at authorised re-sellers are similar, although you might find a slight price difference from one seller to the next. The advantage of buying from authorised retailers is that you can confidently know the battery is brand new and get assistance from knowledgeable personnel. You are also likely to receive installation support and be covered with a nationwide warranty.
Cheaper imported generic car battery prices tend to be more costly in the long run since you might have to replace the unit more frequently, and we all know what a great inconvenience it’s to your daily routine, correct?
We highly recommend a great resource on common frequently asked battery questions. (Opens in new window)
Next Page: Battery Replacement